Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MIRAGE

MIRAGE "Let's Kiss"

I Had A Lady
She Had A Man
But This Is Something I Could Never Understand
I Told My Lady Go & Keep Your Man
Cause You Aint Never Going To See Me Again
I Had A Lady
She Had A Man
But This Is Something That They Couldn't Understand
I Got So Tired Of Waiting On You
Looking For Love I Found Somebody New
And She Keeps Me Turning Around
Just Like A Record Lady
Just Like A Record Lady
Her Eyes / So Crazy
Her Hair / Just Right
The Moon Is Out & The Streets Are Alive
I Know A Place Where Love Never Dies
We Can Go Together For The Rest Of Our Lives
She Said...
Can You Take Me There?
I Said...
I Can Take You Anywhere
I Got A Driver & He's Waiting On You
Tell Me Lady What You Want To Do
I Had A Lady
She Had A Man
But This Is Something I Could Never Understand
I Told My Lady Go & Keep Your Man
Cause You Aint Never Going To See Me Again
I Had A Lady
She Had A Man
But This Is Something That They Couldn't Understand
I Got So Tired Of Waiting On You
Looking For Love I Found Somebody New
And She Keeps Me Turning Around
Just Like A Record Lady
Just Like A Record Lady
Go Like A Record Lady
Go Like A Record Lady
Go Like A Record Lady
Just Like A Record Lady
Go Like A Record Lady
Go Like A Record Lady
Go Like A Record Lady
Just Like A Record Lady

"Let's Kiss" was written the same week as "Under Your Spell" in November 2008. After a bizarre & beautiful twist of fate, I walked into a remote bar in Montreal where I met the love of my life. The next morning... Ida & I had to leave. We flew to France for a handful of sweaty club shows. On the train out of Paris, I realized my whole world had been permanently turned upside down. The rain was crashing against the windows... & I decided I wanted to make a record that felt like that moment frozen in time... "For Ever Ever". That's when After Dark 2 was born. The last five years have been a blur of art & parties. This record represents the people we've connected with along the way...in Moscow, in Mexico, in Barcelona, in London, in Portland, in Montreal, in Melbourne, in Houston, in Berlin, in Beijing, in Los Angeles, in Dublin, in Athens... I am so excited to finally be sharing it with you. In 20 minutes, Ida & I get on a plane to Warsaw for our first tour overseas with Chromatics. Even though she is on crutches thanks to a brutal Roller Derby pile up on Sunday... we can't wait to see all of you again... it's been way too long. After Dark 2 is out this Friday. 

It's 78 minutes & 16 seconds.

See you on the train!
xo
Johnny Jewel


34 comments:

Mitch said...

It's happening! It's really happening! :D

christoph said...

good things come to those who...

IDIB said...

YES......THE RECORD IS SOOOOO SICK. SO MUCH BLOOD, SWEAT, & TEARS...IT'S BEAUTIFUL!

uxipi said...

THANK YOU!!

Anonymous said...

Whats the word on the Vinyl?

IDIB said...

VINYL TEST WERE REJECTED...HIGH PITCHED SCREECHING ON SIDE 5. SO THEY ARE DELAYED...THE CURSE CONTINUES. THE RECORD HAS BEEN DONE FOR A WHILE...BUT WE WANTED TO RELEASE THE VINYL AT THE SAME TIME FOR ONCE. THEN THE TOUR JUST KEPT COMING CLOSER AND CLOSER...

uxipi said...

I have to tell someone: when I heard "Let's Kiss" I remembered the "I Feel Electric" remix from Tiedye that is in another IDIB record, Solid Gold. Both songs are long and have that "something" that makes them so catchy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPxvvHnJQio

IDIB said...

THAT "I FEEL ELECTRIC" RECORD IS A FAVORITE AROUND HERE...TOTALLY SLEPT ON. CLASSIC

Artur Ionenko said...

good luck with the tour, too pity I'm stuck in russia for 2 more months and don't have a chance to see you in prague :(

IDIB said...

THE BANDS WILL BE IN MOSCOW IN JULY

Artur Ionenko said...

you just made my day :) waiting for the further details then & see you there!

uxipi said...

It is a classic! That youtube version sounds terrible but it's only one that I've found.
Can't believe that in 2 days we'll be listening to AD2. Are the t-shirts coming out on friday too? I'd love to wear the cat one during Primavera but I don't think that I'll get it in time ):

Anonymous said...

when can we expect the vinyl then?

Ryan said...

Tracklist??

Jazmine said...

This track is amazing! So excited for AD 2!! Is this Johnny singing with the vocoder vocals?

And I know the vinyl isn't quite ready, but will this be out on CD this week? Or is it digital only?

Alejandro Richarte said...

YOU GUYS are amazing, I know you guys will kill it overseas!!!

roulade said...

sick track. clavvy key part reminiscent of "the music got me", into it.

Anonymous said...

Its out! Downloading downloading. hurry hurry :-)

Anonymous said...

Liar. Not out until tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

yeah it is im listening to it!!!!

check itunes!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nope. Friday.

Anonymous said...

It's Friday for me in the uk! It was released at midnight for £7.99 a bit expensive considering all their other albums are £4.99 but hey, you'll love it when it drops for you m8. IDIB should have put it up for download at the same time I'd have much rather bought it direct from them and then you'd definately have it too :-)

Anonymous said...

New tracklist is... erm... interesting. Not so much new stuff?

IDIB said...

HA HA..SONGS LEAKED FROM THE ALBUM ARE TECHNICALLY NOT "NEW" BECAUSE THEY WERE LEAKED...BUT THE HALF OF THE ALBUM THAT WASN'T LEAKED IS "NEW"...

Anonymous said...

Well shit, I stand corrected, it is up on the UK store.

Sort of wish Johnny had kept "The Nightshit" by Desire and a few other new tracks like "Johanna" by Chromatics, but still sounds like an amazing record.

Anonymous said...

Haha I'm no liar :-) enjoy the record dude! Can't wait for the 12th of June and I hope Ida will be ok for the gig!! xCx

IDIB said...

NIGHT SHIFT & JOHANNA WILL COME OUT EVENTUALLY. AND THE GLASS CANDY SONGS WILL BE ON "BODY WORK". JOHNNY HAD 27 TRACKS MIXED & MASTERED FOR AFTER DARK 2. BUT THESE 15 WERE WHAT HE SAID ..."COMPLETED THE ETIRE VISION OF THE RECORD"... FOR EXAMPLE, "CHERRY" & "LOOKING FOR LOVE" WERE BOTH RECORDED & MIXED BEFORE "KILL FOR LOVE" WAS RELEASED...BUT HE THOUGHT THEY FIT AFTER DARK 2'S PURPOSE MORE.

jeff adams said...

Fuck "new". what matters is content. and this record has it where other recently hyped albums don't. thank god some people are still trying to make fresh music. ad2 and major lazer got me set for summer

Anonymous said...

will a CD release be available in the store ? (after all the After Dark vol.1 has been released on CD too...)

Anonymous said...

Damn, forgot Body Work is also in the works. That makes sense then. Just hope that Desire track makes it out since I adore Megan as a vocalist.

And I just finished my first listen and it's amazing, so I guess Johnny knows best, as usual =]

Anonymous said...

just copped After Dark 1 3LP at discogs. serious shit. hopefully the AD2 Vinyls are soon to come. is there a rough date? june, july, august?

Anonymous said...

YESSSSSSSSSSS

mina thapa said...

We offer the cheapest and most wonderful trips throughout Nepal Everest base camp trek , Everest trek, Trekking in Everest
trekking, tour, hiking, culture and sightseeing and adventure travels programs, special discounted trekking and tour innovative customized trips in trekking
http://www.mountainmarttreks.com

For more information please click link below.

http://www.mountainmarttreks.com
Nepal trekking and tour
mustang trek
Evererest Trek
langtang valley trek
Annapurna base camp trek
Makalu base camp trek
mustang trek
Annapurna sanctuary trek
Annapurna circuit trek
Gokyo trek

mina thapa said...

We offer the cheapest and most wonderful trips throughout Nepal Everest base camp trek , Everest trek, Trekking in Everest
trekking, tour, hiking, culture and sightseeing and adventure travels programs, special discounted trekking and tour innovative customized trips in trekking
http://www.mountainmarttreks.com

For more information please click link below.

http://www.mountainmarttreks.com
Nepal trekking and tour
mustang trek
Evererest Trek
langtang valley trek
Annapurna base camp trek
Makalu base camp trek
mustang trek
Annapurna sanctuary trek
Annapurna circuit trek
Gokyo trek